Friday, December 6, 2013

amazing dinner

I've really been slacking on posting what I've been eating on this cleanse, so get ready for an update. 

First up, I have to share this super simple and delicious dinner I made tonight:

Sorry the picture isn't great - I'm not a food photographer!
I wasn't sure what I wanted and I knew that going out to the store wasn't an option - there was too much food in my fridge (that will spoil at some point) and it was cold freezing. The temps here dropped 40 degrees today!  That means Texas is practically in an ice age.

When I saw the ground turkey I was planning for my eggs cups I decided to use a little to make some burgers as well.  Searching around my fridge also led me to an avocado, some turkey bacon, an onion, and romaine lettuce.  The best part? I made two burgers and sauteed extra onions so I have lunch tomorrow planned out already!

Since I was already making the kitchen a mess, I went ahead and made my egg cups as well. In a large mixing bowl I combined 12 eggs, cooked ground turkey, and sauteed onions.  I then poured my mix into muffin tins sprayed with Pam.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

I store them in the fridge and pop them into the microwave for 15-30 seconds!
Other meals and snacks I've been eating while on the Cleanse?
  • breakfast smoothies
  • edamame hummus with cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas
  • hard boiled eggs
  • gluten-free cereal, banana and almond milk
  • gluten-free bread, toasted, smeared with avocado and topped with turkey
  • almonds
  • grilled chicken, black beans, and steamed veggies
  • dessert smoothies - almond milk, vanilla protein powder, banana, chia seeds, ice 
The hardest part so far? I am CRAVING some Starbucks.  I've been drinking it so frequently, and especially while studying, that it makes it hard to start any reading or assignments without getting my fix first. I sound like an addict. But I know that my first post-cleanse Starbucks will taste that much sweeter for having waited for it and not giving in to my temptations!

I've got a few other things hanging around my fridge just waiting to be made into a delicious meal. And I'm dying to make this Almond Butter detox shake from Jesi, though I'll probably substitute the soy milk with almond milk. Keep an eye out on IG for more meal updates!

xoxo,
Cait
aka the Bottle Lady
I leave my house with these every morning: Spark, smoothie, fiber drink.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that is a ridiculous number of bottles every morning. Love it!

    Also, I told my co-workers that for their sakes, I was still having a small cup of coffee every morning. They were very grateful. I don't know how you are getting by without it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!