A while back I made a delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free clean eating stuffed peppers dinner. It was delicious! And super easy to make plus I had extra and was able to mix it up over the next few days. Being in school and working, I love meals that keep giving - meaning meals that give me leftovers!
[Note: I don't claim to be a chef/nutritionist/dietician/food blogger. I don't have calorie counts (I don't count my calories) but I don't think it would be difficult to figure out.]
Lean ground turkey
Bell peppers (any color)
Garlic powder (optional)
Salt and pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook turkey in skillet until lightly browned, over medium heat.
- Chop all veggies except bell peppers, add to pan with turkey and continue to cook, adding garlic powder/salt/pepper to taste.
|I promise there are onions and mushrooms under there somewhere!|
- Cut the tops of the peppers off so they make a little container. Save the part you cut off so it makes a lid. Scoop out the innards.
- Pack each peppes with your turkey/veggie mixture.
- Place packed peppers in a baking dish with a little water in the bottom to keep peppers from drying out. I used a square pan but I think a long, bread loaf pan would have worked better since one of my peppers fell over and spilled.
- Put tops on peppers and bake for 20 minutes.
|That orange guy in the front right just wouldn't stay up!|
- Serve alone or with sides. Enjoy!
I ate two peppers (all but the stem) and also some extra steamed broccoli and then some fruit.
|Top plate was dinner, bottom container was lunch the next day|
I had left over turkey/veggie mixture so I saved that and ate it on top of some spaghetti squash later that week. Mmmmm!
Any good, clean recipes you'd like to share? Any great ideas for being gluten-free and dairy-free? Comment below or share a link!