Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday & Sunshine

I've been living the hermit life lately as I've been studying for my first psych test so I was thrilled to find out that the wonderful Jacquelyn had nominated me for the Sunshine Award! Being a newer blogger, this is the first award I've been given so I'm feeling very grateful and giddy.

sunshine-award

The idea of the award is to nominate 10 bloggers whose posts brighten your day.

The Rules
1. Include the award logo in your post. [check]
2. Link to the person who nominated you - JustJacq! [check]
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself. [check]
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them! [check]

Questions for me:
1. What’s your current workout pump it up song?
I've got a playlist I've been listening to on repeat all summer, but at the top of that list is Roar by Katy Perry and Brave by Sara Bareilles.


  
What can I say? I love a good anthem!

2. Who is your favorite Big Bang Theory character?

Penny, no question. We're both Sagittarius (Sagittari? Sagittaruses?), we say a ton of ditzy things, and we love wine.  Pretty sure we would be best friends.

From The Big Bang Theory Episode Pilot
Penny: I’m a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.Sheldon: Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun’s apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.
via

3. If you could have any super power what would it be?

Either flying or reading minds. I'm pretty nosy but I also hate, hate, hate sitting in traffic which it is pretty much impossible to avoid when you live in Houston.  Maybe I would rather be able to teleport then instead of fly?


4. Are you guilty of ever asking a/s/l?

I don't know even what that means. And I could look it up (like I do for a lot of hashtags), but I'm too tired.

5. Most of the clothes in your closet can be found from what three stores?

Target
LOFT
Banana Republic (usually the outlet)

6. Are you pro or anti vampires (answer carefully… this could affect our friendship)?

Anti, especially if we're talking the Twilight stuff.  I've never seen Date with a Vampire and B keeps telling me it's a classic. However, if I've fallen asleep every time it has been on TV then I suggest maybe it isn't that good.


7. If you could live anywhere in the world with everything you need/want there, where would you live?

Anywhere? On a big fancy Jay-Z-and-Beyonce-style yacht so I could travel where ever I'd like while still having the comforts of home. A very fancy, water-based home.

8. What’s your guilty pleasure food?

Anything fried. If it is served at a hole-in-the-wall bar, I love it.

9. I love this Q from Jenn so I’m stealing it… What are 3 positive words to describe you?

grateful, determined, hustler

10. How stoked are you that I nominated you?

I'm on cloud nine!

Questions for my nominees:
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
2. What is the 3rd picture on your phone? Share it!
3. What TV show are you most excited about returning this fall?
4. What is something really popular that you secretly (or not so secretly) loathe?
5. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them! Bonus points for pictures.
6. If you could put together one outfit that represents you perfectly, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite adult beverage?
8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
9. What are 3 positive words to describe you?
10. How excited are you to be nominated?

My nominees:
Jacqueline @ According to Jax
Christin @ The Southern Wife
Meg @ Nerky
Roxy @ grrfeisty

If you aren't already reading these blogs, what are you waiting for?? Some of them have a pretty big following already and some are a bit smaller but they are all great.  I tried to avoid bloggers who just got nominated for this award but sorry if I somehow missed it!

Hope everyone has a great start to the week. Wish me luck on my test tomorrow! And be sure to check in on how the half marathon training is going with (Half) Marathon Mondays.  Eeeek!

xoxo,
Cait

3 comments:

  1. great answers! we can be friends since you're anti vampires too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! I will have to get on this soon! I am with you on teleporting or flying. Either would be amazing! And the yacht is such an unconventional answer - I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!