1. I've lost track of the days. Studying and going to clinical means that my days themselves are very structured but my weeks are often all over the place. As a result, I feel like I don't ever know what day it is. And even though it's Friday today, it doesn't feel like it. Let me correct myself - it doesn't really have the same meaning that it used to when I worked Monday through Friday. I used to be "Woohoo, finally Friday! I have 2 days off to hang out and not work and take care of the millions of things I couldn't get to during the week because of my job!" But now I have the luxury of taking care of those tiny errands that easily add up during my week as a glorified study break. Winning?
|How life used to be.|
2. My student loan interest rate went down! Just got an email telling me that the Bipartisan Student Loan Certainty Act of 2013 means that my loan interest rates dropped down to 3.86%. Truthfully, I don't remember what they were originally but hey, I'll take any break I can get.
3. My scholarship came through! My school requires you to pay your tuition upfront (loans and/or personal money) and then after 2 weeks they process any scholarships. As we speak, $1084.74 is being transferred into my bank account so this means I will continue to eat this semester!
4. Only 2 psych clinicals to go! Psych is just not the field for me, you guys. I have the utmost respect for those who work in the psych field and it has been wonderful to learn about it. There are many more parts going into the care for our mentally ill than I realized. But dear Lord I do not wish to work there. We go on Wednesdays for 12-hour shifts and I only have 2 more visits to make!
5. I can't stop drinking Starbucks. I have a serious addiction and not only is it not a great post-workout fuel, but it is draining my bank account. I need an intervention!
Hope you all have a great weekend and that your football teams win! Unless you cheer for the Purdue Boilermakers, the Alabama Crimson Tide, or the Tennessee Titans. In that case, prepare to lose. Love ya!
PS - Lots of exciting news and posts next week so be sure to check in!