Tuesday, May 28, 2013

long weekends are good for the soul, bad for the scale

Hey errbody! Hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend as much as I did.

It was filled with the AMAZING wedding of two very good friends...

picture from @lindseylk #finallyabecker

...and studying for nursing school.  Lots and lots of studying for nursing school...

Expectation:
image 

Reality:
image

...in addition to a 5 lb weight gain.  That's right folks, 5 big ones.  As in, almost out of the 130's.  YIKES!


image

But all that eating drinking studying paid off because I took my first Integrated Concepts of Pathophysiology and Pharmacology test today and got an A!  The first two tests for my program were last week and I got a B on both. I wasn't thrilled (type A personality means I want that A, damnit!) but I wasn't beating myself up over it either.  I haven't been in school for a while, it's an accelerated program, there's an adjustment period yada yada yada.

To celebrate, I'm rewarding myself with some shopping I've had my eye on for a while now.  I've got 4 items in my Kiki La'Rue wishlist at the moment but I'm struggling to pick out just one thing.  Thankfully (never thought I'd say that), I've got another test later this week so if when I get an A I can order another item.  Score!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4

At the moment, I've abandoned my pledge to eat healthy and am thoroughly enjoying a glass or two of vino and some delicious bread and butter.  No, I'm not kidding.  That is my treat.  That, and watching some TimBob and Hubby Jack lip sync some sweet tunes.



xoxo,
YFG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!