Friday, May 17, 2013

Late nights at Wally World

Generally, I try to avoid Walmart.  Don't get me wrong; I love a good deal. And I'm not making any judgments about the clientele or the store or their business practices.  I'm just more of a Tarjay girl probably because I love the clothing accessories housewares The One Spot.


However, the other night I went for a few items because it is a) open 24 hours and b) very close to my house.  When you're sleep deprived and on a mission, that equals a win.

What I didn't count on was spending so much money trying to decorate my house while buying dryer sheets, Think Thin bars, eggs and bananas.

Hint: The home goods are hidden by all the healthy things!


Anywhooo.... let's get to the good stuff.

I bought these two galvanized buckets a while back at the Target One Spot but couldn't figure out what to do with them.  We've got this awkward niche spot on our stairs that nothing seems right for but I put them there anyway along with some bottles covered in chalkboard paint (thanks, Pinterest), a lantern from my parents' anniversary party and some stray picture frames.  Well, that is until my delirium-infused trip to Wally World turned into a decorating mission.

I ended up buying some fake flowers and a big block of the green foam stuff.  Must say, despite this terrible "after" pics, I smile every time I see it on my walk up the stairs.




And while I was wandering the faux florals, I found this little basket - perfect for toilet paper in our downstairs bath (which seriously lacks any storage).


I also found this pretty hammer vase and decided to fill it with more flowers and stems and such. Then a "love is all you need" canvas hopped in my cart, because what home is complete without that?
 
The yellow flowers were from a student (not fake!), which reminded me that there ARE good days in teaching.  Just not enough for me to stay.
 That's all for now so I'll leave you with this adorable picture of Milli, my decorating assistant.


xoxo, YFG 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!