Thursday, May 9, 2013

Finish the Sentence... and learn more about ME!

I'm linking up with Holly and Jake for Finish the Sentence... This should be really good (or really bad) because my brain is like scrambled eggs right now from attempting to digest all the information dumped on me in the first week of nursing school.

button

1. Unlike my sibling(s) (that I love very much).... I have to watch what I eat and how much I work out.  My siblings are my brothers who can eat whatever they want and just play basketball to stay in shape.  In high school, they would share an entire GALLON of Bluebell ice cream after dinner EVERY. NIGHT.

2. My best friend says... LYLAS all the time and it's rubbed off on me.  Now I say or text it in almost every conversation we have.  And I like it because my 4 "sisters" are two older step-sisters than I'm not too close with and two much younger (like 9 and 10 yrs old) half-sisters. 

3. People call me... Girlie.  As in, capital G, like a name, Girlie. I don't really know where it came from but people at work do it and friends and family.  And I am pretty girly so it makes sense.

4. I most often dream... about crazy things, like my students are in my house while I'm pregnant and fighting off a huge battle of warriors at my front door while trying to fold the laundry like my life depends on it.  Or something akin to that.  I usually remember my dreams in those foggy moments between when my alarm goes off and my feet actually touch the ground but beyond that, they sort of just dissolve.

5. The best part of my day... might be when I step on the scale if that number is lower than the last time.  Confession: I weigh myself every morning.  When my alarm goes off for the tenth time I take the dogs downstairs, feed/let them out, make my Spark (but don't even take a sip), come up stairs, and weight myself totally naked.  Then I'll sip my Spark.  And if I'm showering that morning I'll hop right in.  If not, I put my PJs back on and go start the getting ready process.  Other than this little ritual my favorite part of the day is coming home to my sweet dogs and talking about my day with my Boo.

6. I really don't understand... how the internet works.  I love it and I'm thrilled it exists, but it baffles me when I try to understand it. So I just don't try anymore.

7. I get really annoyed... when I need to turn left at a light but the line that is going straight is so long that I can't get over into that little left turn lane.  It REALLY irritates me when some idiot has 1000 feet between them and the car in front of them but if they would just move up a smidge, then I could get over in that lane and not miss the green turn arrow for the hundredth time.  I'm getting annoyed just typing this.

8. There's nothing like a... waking up early on a stormy weekend morning where you have nothing to do except cuddle in bed with your dogs and your man.  Or fitting in a shirt/pair of shorts/dress/pants that didn't fit previously.  Hot damn, those are some great feelings. See below.

I cannot EVER remember being smaller than an 8 at Gap. But these are an 8 and they were actually falling off.  If I could bottle that feeling I would be a millionaire billionaire.

9. Lately, I can't get enough... running.  That is weird for me to type and even weirder to say.  I spoke with my best friend the other night and she said something to the effect of "what's this runner's high you've got on instagram? seriously? who are you?"  Yeah, I'm not sure either.  But I ran 4 times in the last week and I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.  So strange but I hope this lasts. 

10. One thing I am NOT is... negotiator.  I don't like to haggle or confront people on prices.  So doing the whole back-and-forth dance with wedding vendors nearly gives me hives.  And I'm pretty sure my fear of this got me gouged today at the alternations place - paid $24 to have 3 tiny patches sewn on the shoulders of my scrubs.  How could that cost $8 a pop?? 

11. I spent too much money on... clothing. And groceries.  But I can justify the groceries because I'm buying fresh and healthy food which is generally more expensive than frozen meals and crap. It's an investment in my health which pays off daily when I have more energy, am in a better mood, and will do better in school.  The clothing I can't always justify and I am constantly trying to set myself a budget but I inevitably end up blowing up.

12. I want to learn.... to fly a plane.  Crazy, right?  My stepdad has his pilot's license and co-owns a small plane and I think it would be so Angelina-Jolie-badass to be able to fly a plane. 

13. If I ever met Britney Spears, I would... want to lay around the pool with her while we drink and eat Cheetos.  But I'd also want to know how she got her amazing body circa I'm A Slave 4 U.  Total girl crush. When I work out, this is what my end goal is.

  
14. I can't stop... babytalking my dogs.  I don't think I ever will stop. And I'm okay with that. 

15. Never have I ever... unplugged my straightener without going back to check that it's unplugged. I have a phobia of leaving it plugged in.  Partially because my mom has the same phobia (I got it from my mama) and because a roommate once left a stove burner on all day with a frying pan on it.  ALL DAY.  Thankfully it was an electric stove AND thankfully it didn't burn down our apartment. 

16. Reese Witherspoon... is America's Freakin' Sweetheart. I love that girl. And I wish we were friends.  Her arrest tape is hilarious!  She can drink and party like she's white trash, dress up like a sex kitten, and still cleans up and goes to church like the best of them.  

Hope you learned some interesting things about me!  Writing this has been a nice little break from reality but it's back to the books now.

xoxo,
YFG 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!