Monday, October 14, 2013

(Half) Marathon Monday #6

I'm also guest posting today over at Simply Sami - go check it out!


I am officially half way through the training plan.  How did that happen??  Where has the time gone?  Since I didn't do a training update last week in lieu of the Tough Mudder recaps (read about it here and here) we've got two weeks to catch up on!
 
Week 5
Monday // 4 miles // Rest
Tuesday // 2 miles or cross // Rest
Wednesday // 4 miles + strength // Rest
Thursday // rest // 2 miles (11:45 pace)
Friday // 40 min cross // Pure Barre
Saturday // 6 miles // TOUGH MUDDER (9 miles)
Sunday // stretch & strengthen // Rest
Week 6
Monday // 4 miles // Pure Barre
Tuesday // 2 miles or cross // Rest
Wednesday // 4 miles + strength // 2 miles (11:21 pace)
Thursday // rest or easy run // Pure Barre
Friday // rest // Pure Barre
Saturday // 5K race // BCM 5K - read the recap here!
Sunday // stretch & strengthen // Pure Barre
Scheduled workout is in gray and actual workout is in pink.  Rest days are orange.
Total Miles // 29 miles // 16 miles

In looking at my progress, it's evident that I need to up my mileage.  Not sure how I'll fit it in but it has got to become a priority or else November 23rd is going to be rough embarrassing horrible ugly.


I want to hear what songs you can't run without.  I've been losing myself in my music lately but my one running playlist is getting predictable - even when it is on shuffle.  My current faves are:

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
Britney Spears - Work B*tch
Victoria Justice - Gold
Ariana Grande - The Way
Katy Perry - Roar
Lorde - Royals
Sara Bareilles - Brave
AWOLNATION - Sail
Maroon 5 - Lucky Strike
Britney Spears - Piece of Me
Avicii - Wake Me Up


Leave me your favorite workout songs! And be sure to stop by tomorrow for a special 5K recap!


xoxo,
Cait

PS - Milli and Harley "helping" me workout:


 Aren't they adorable?

3 comments:

  1. Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding and Call Your Girlfriend by Robyn are two of my favorites! Congrats on being almost there. I hope the temps for your half are much better than they were this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE running to Work Bitch, I can't get enough of it! How about Avicci "Levels"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough I have Shakira on my list. Even if I can't understand her 72% of the time, the beats are awesome.

    And I have to admit your training gives me a glimmer of hope. I'm averaging 12-15 miles a week right now with a goal of a 10k. It's getting easier or my addiction is getting stronger to think I may be able to push to half eventually!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!