Friday, January 31, 2014

which came first, the chicken or the ... funk?

I've been in a serious funk.  Not in all aspects of my life (wedding and school stuff is swell) but in terms of health... yikes.  Let me paint you an ugly picture: last week was my bachlorette which was amazing but full of booze, food, and no working out.  Then I had a terrible test to study for, which mean lots of Starbucks and fast food but, you guessed it, no working out.  I tried to work out Wednesday after my test but instead drove through Chick-fil-a before falling asleep at 7:30. No joke.  Thursdays are my clinical and guess what is right in the hospital? Damn Chick-fil-a.  And then last night, after a 13 hour day, my lovely beau called and I picked us up some, YOU GUESSED, mother-freaking-Chick-fil-a. AHHH.  Willpower, I don't have any.

But you know what else happened this week? I tried on my wedding dress with the alterations.  I love my dress but I am not happy with my armpit vaginas.

What does this have to do with my weird blog title? I'm getting to that. This is what happens when you blog while catching up on TV shows.  I've been in this funk. And eating lots of fast food... mostly chicken, which is actually a coincidence with this chicken/egg analogy.  So which is causing it? Am I in a funk and that's why I'm allowing myself to slide into such terrible habits? Or did I neglect my healthy habits which caused my funk?

Really though, does it matter?

So I did what any normal person would do. I laid in bed for an hour to debate going to the gym, then dragged myself there and posted a pre-gym seflie.  I won't lie, all those likes and comments certainly kept me going during my workout. Thanks, biatches.



In all seriousness I would love to just tone things up a scoach and slim down a tidge before March 8th gets here.  And it looks like that is going to mean buckling down with my fitness and eating boring (but predictable) meals like plain chicken, veggies without butter, fruit & spinach smoothies, and egg whites.  I also think I'm going to do the 24 day challenge. I ordered it today and will keep you updated when I plan to start. Thinking sometime next week but we'll see.

Gotta love the gym selfies, red face and all!

Alright, I need to write some thank you notes and shower before heading to Pure Barre.  That's right ladies, this chick is getting in TWO workouts today.  Booyah!

Be sure to join the link up with these kickass ladies! If I can link up at 3pm, so can you! Dream big!



Alright, really got to get my ass in gear.  Have a great weekend!!

xoxo,
Cait

4 comments:

  1. I think Chick-fil-a has crack in it. So, it's not your fault! :) Your workout selfie looks pretty darn good!! And two-a-days? Yeah, that's pretty hard core! Did all that working out at least make you feel better?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be one effing hot honeymooner. You really are. Also, I was thinking about doing another challenge in February or March... Despite good workouts, my hunger has been out of control lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out all of your "follow friends", you guys are so inspirational!! February is the MONTH, get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me share some good stuff with you on your beautiful blogs I was able to purchase a property with help from Mr Pedro and his loan company team were quick to respond and since this was my first time getting a loan to buy a property , he was able to help me walk through the loan process. It was a great experience working with a good and kind loan lender. I hope you know very well if you are looking for a loan to purchase a property or funding business purposes then this message is for you will be able to help you with such a process here his details Email Address: pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!