Sunday, August 18, 2013

sunday social

Checking in from Austin, my lovelies!  Taking care of lots of wedding things and spending much needed time with my family so this will be short and sweet.  Hope you're all enjoying your weekends.  Come back next week to hear all about my Austin mini-vacay!


1. What is something you've always wanted to do but are afraid of?

I'm a pretty big scaredy cat so things like skydiving are totally out of the question.  I would like to learn to scuba dive and maybe swim with sharks one day... in one of those steel cages, of course. I am also dying to get a tattoo but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'd like on me for the rest of my life and my mom would kill me.  Nevermind that my fiance is covered in tats, my brother has a full sleeve, and my other brother has a handful.  Can we say double standard??

Funny Somewhat Topical Ecard: I don't have a tattoo for the same reason I wouldn't put a bumper sticker on my Ferrari.
via

2. Where you see yourself in 5 years?

In 5 years I will be 32, almost 33.  That sounds old.  Hopefully I'm a lot like my sister-in-law.  She waited until she and her husband were in a (very) comfortable place in their lives to have a child at 32 years old, despite the constant nagging from her (and my future) mother-in-law.  

So I would like to be maybe thinking about kids (that sentence just made me freak out a bit) and have already completed my MSN to be working as a nurse practitioner.  I'd also like to be driving a nicer car and living in a nicer house.  And have added a new dog to the mix.... I've got a serious sweet spot for French Bulldogs!

3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2013?

There really isn't anything that I'm anticipating before the end of the year.  Spring of 2014 is going be very busy (wedding, graduation, nursing boards) so I want the rest of this year to be calm.  I'll be in my second semester of nursing school so I'd like to make all A's and stay on budget (look for that post later this week!).

4. What are your hopes for your blog?

 I love having this blog as place to connect to people! In just a few months I have met so many great girls (and a few guys) and love hearing what is going on in everyone's lives.  In the (near) future, I'd like to have a blate, participate in a conference, start up some sponsorship, and host a giveaway!

5. Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city? 

If it was up to me, NO.  Don't get me wrong, I like Houston.  There is so much to offer in the city and many people I love are here. Like my fiance, and his fam.  Plus his job, my school, and the Med Center - hello, I will need a nursing job in 9 months!!  But my people are in Austin, a city I deeply love.  For now, I'm satisfied with visiting Austin on a regular basis.

6. What is your morning routine?

I HAVE to shower in the morning because I my hair gets super greasy so easily.  The only exception to this is when I have a copious amounts of hairspray in my hair the night before and the grease is magically soaked up!

After I shower, I deal with the pups and make my morning Spark.  Then I head back upstairs with my Spark and get ready - lotion, makeup, hair, brush teeth, get dressed.  Then I'm out the door.  The whole shebang (with shower) usually takes about 45 minutes.  I can get out the door in under 30 minutes if I skip the blow drying but it isn't that pretty of a sight!

I would LOVE to hear what your morning routine is! Or really the answers to any of these questions!

Sunday Social

xoxo,
Cait

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad i can at least keep up with you here. miss you at KMS!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!