Sunday, April 21, 2013

New Hair and Product Love

First, I've got to give mad amazing props to my hair girl, Rondeann.  If you are in the Houston area and need the hook up, please contact her! She is at Thairapy Salon & Spa and you will not regret it.  Tell her I sent you over!

Alright, I tend to go through phases where I change my hair a lot and then I'll go a disgustingly long time without even so much as a trim.  You do that too, right? No? Just me, huh?

Here's a little walk down memory lane of my many hair styles:
Birth-2006                Feb 2007                  August 2007                 December 2007              April 2008
October 2008           December 2008            January 2009               August 2009               May 2011
October 2011              August 2012              December 2012            January 20013              March 2013

And the latest, thanks to Roandeann:
April 2013


I've been loving the ombré look lately and told her to take it even further than last time.  And she hit it out of the freaking park! I naturally identify with being a blonde, though truth be told I have no idea the exact shade of my natural hair.  And I'm 99% sure I want to be blonde again by our wedding which is next March.  So Rondeann is fulfilling my ombré needs while helping me slowly get back to blonde without totally killing my hair.  She is like a hair angel. A badass, tattooed, super talented hair angel!

And here are the other little babies that I rely on to keep my hair healthy and style it.  When I say my hair is fine, I mean like a baby.  It has no natural curl or wave or body to it.  Easy to take care of but not so easy to make it look amazing.




Left to right:

Garnier Frutis Triple Nutrition Shampoo
Shimmering Lights Shampoo Blonde & Silver (use one to two times/week)
Aussie 3 Minute MiracleComditioner
Keune Color Care Shampoo
Keune Color Care Conditioner
Big Sexy Hair Root Plump Plus
Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play
Prive Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Assuming I wash my hair everyday, I use the Garnier Shampoo and Aussie Conditioner about 3 times a week. I use the Shimmer Lights Shampoo once a week with the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.  On the other days I use the Keune Color Care products, which I got from my salon.  It seems to be a nice mix for my hair to provide the color protection while also keeping it moisturized.

Since discovering the Prive Volumizing Dry Shampoo, I do not have to wash my hair every day and it is AMAZING.  I've tried what feels like a million dry shampoos and this one is by far the best out there.  It's a super powerful aerosol spray but the formula is a fine powder.  There are no flakes or chunks in your hair.  And if you're like me, with oily hair and skin, then usually if I don't wash my hair then I just feel like I'm masking the dirty with dry shampoo and I still feel gross. This actually makes my hair feel clean. And I can stretch a shampoo out to 2 or 3 days!

As mentioned, I've got fine hair. The root pump plus actually lifts it which has 2 wonderful benefits - gives my volume AND keeps it from getting oily fast.  Bonus!

Any other recommendations on hair products you guys can't live without? I'm a product junkie and always love trying new things! Comment below :)

xoxo,
YFG 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!